Kielbasa, Apple, and Cheddar Pretzel Tart
Buy a pound of fresh pizza dough from a pizzeria, or look for it in the freezer section of the grocery store and thaw according to the package instructions.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2015
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Pretzel salt or coarse salt, for sprinkling
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, coarsely grated
- 10 ounces kielbasa, cut on the bias into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 450 degrees with rack in lower third. On a parchment-lined baking sheet lightly dusted with flour, stretch dough into a 10-by-15-inch rectangle, with a 1-inch border of thicker dough. Brush entire surface inside border evenly with mustard. Brush border with egg, then sprinkle generously with salt. Sprinkle cheese over mustard. Scatter kielbasa, apple, onion, and sage evenly over cheese, then drizzle with oil.
Bake until crust is deep golden brown and bottom is set, about 25 minutes; tent with foil if edges brown too quickly. Serve hot.