Roasted Red Pepper Dip
This flavorful dip can be served with fresh green beans, sugar snap peas, and snow peas.
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 1992
- 3 large red peppers, roasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup creme fraiche or sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Roast peppers over a gas flame or under a broiler until blackened. Place in a paper bag to cool. Peel and seed peppers, and cut into strips.
Puree peppers and garlic in blender until smooth. Line a sieve with cheesecloth and let puree drain into a bowl for 1 hour.
Combine puree with creme fraiche or sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill. Add basil just before serving.