Quick Pizza Dough
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes two 10-inch crusts
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2015
- 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees)
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Pour warm water into a medium bowl; sprinkle with yeast. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
Whisk sugar and oil into yeast mixture, then stir in 1 cup flour and salt until combined. Stir in remaining 1 cup flour until a dough forms around spoon. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes.
Brush a large bowl with oil. Transfer dough to bowl, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in bulk, 45 minutes to 1 hour.