Pickled-Beet and Fig Salad
The same brine used to pickle the beets goes into the salad dressing, in place of plain vinegar.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Christopher Testani
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2015
- 1/2 cup Sweet-Pickled Shaved Golden Beets, plus 1 tablespoon brine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head Boston lettuce, leaves separated (8 cups)
- 2 cups watercress
- 8 ripe fresh figs, halved
Whisk together pickle brine, oil, and mustard in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, watercress, and beets; toss to combine. Top with figs and serve.