Roasted Carrot Dip
Cumin and Sriracha add heat and depth to this super-simple party hors d'oeuvre.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Source: Everyday Food, December 2013
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, halved if large
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Yogurt and pita bread, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss carrots and onion with 2 tablespoons oil and the cumin. Season with salt. Roast until golden brown and tender, about 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Transfer vegetables to a food processor, and pulse until a coarse paste forms. Add remaining 1/4 cup oil, the vinegar, Sriracha, and garlic. Pulse to combine. Season with salt. Dollop with yogurt and serve with pita bread.