This refreshing smoothie is perfectly balanced between tart and sweet, thanks to Granny Smith apple, banana, orange juice, and honey.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 1 Granny Smith apple (about 8 ounces), peeled and chopped
- 1 banana (about 4 ounces), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup ice
Combine apple, banana, orange juice, vanilla, honey, flaxseed and ice in a blender. Puree on high until smooth. Serve.