Roasted Potatoes with Oregano and Cheese
Roasting olive-oil-bathed potato wedges in a preheated pan results in crisp edges. Recipe adapted from A Bird in the Oven and Then Some by Mindy Fox (Kyle Books; 2010).
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Eric Piasecki
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 ounces Grana Padano or Parmesan, shaved (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a rimmed baking sheet in oven; heat 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together potatoes, oil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Carefully remove sheet from oven and arrange potatoes (with oil) in a single layer; set bowl aside.
Roast potatoes 20 minutes, then flip. Roast until golden and tender when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately transfer to bowl. Add cheese and oregano; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.