Pasta, Arugula, and Mozzarella Salad
For a quick, easy, and delicious meal, make this salad for supper in under 30 minutes.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Everyday Food
- 3/4 pound short pasta, such as casarecce or campanelle
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add pasta, arugula, basil, capers, mozzarella, and red-pepper flakes. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.