Southwestern Salad with Shrimp
For a quick, easy, and delicious meal, make this salad for supper in under 30 minutes.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 small heads red- or green-leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 avocado, diced small
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced small
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high. Add shrimp; season with salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, avocado, cucumber, and red onion. In a small bowl, combine chile, lime juice, and honey; season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons oil. To serve, top salad with shrimp, drizzle with dressing, and sprinkle with cilantro.