Summer Vegetable and Bean Tacos
This one-pot meal is quick, easy, and delicious.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin rounds
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and soft, 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and add 1 tablespoon oil to skillet. Add squash and bell peppers and cook until crisp-tender, 7 minutes. Return onion to skillet and add black beans and chili powder; stir to combine.
Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil and heat in oven 8 minutes. Serve tortillas with bean mixture, sour cream, and salsa.