Thomas's Macaroni and Cheese
Have you been searching for the ultimate, ooey-gooey recipe for mac and cheese? Look no further than Thomas Joseph's smooth and satisfying four-cheese masterpiece.
- Servings: 6
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk, heated
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Comte cheese
- 1/2 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until fully incorporated, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk in milk; bring to a simmer and continue whisking until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack, Gruyere, Comte, and cheddar cheeses. Whisk cheeses into simmering milk mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, letting each addition melt before adding the next. Add 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; generously season with salt and return to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and transfer saucepan with cheese sauce, and fold to combine; serve immediately.