Mexican Eggs (Huevos a la Mexicana)
- Servings: 4
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 small serrano pepper, finely chopped
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Flour tortillas or tortilla chips, for serving
Heat vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet, over medium heat. Saute onion and serrano pepper until softened, about 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
Add tomato, and cook for 1 minute.
Add eggs, cracked one at a time, on top of the onion tomato mixture. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are cooked to taste, about 3 to 4 minutes.
Serve immediately with warm tortillas or crumbled tortilla chips over top.