Luke's Lobster Roll
"The best ingredients don't need much to shine" says Luke Holden, President, Luke's Lobster, New York City about his minimalist lobster roll recipe. We adapted this recipe from his restaurant's cookbook, Real Maine Food.
- Yield: Makes 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Everyday Food
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 New England–style split-top buns
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons mixed dried spices (celery salt, oregano, thyme, and ground pepper)
With a brush, spread 2 tablespoons butter, melted, on outsides of split-top buns. In a skillet or on a griddle, toast buns over medium until crisp and golden brown on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes.
Spread mayonnaise on inside of buns. Divide lobster meat among buns.
Mix together 2 tablespoons butter, melted, and lemon juice. Drizzle over lobster, sprinkle with spices, and serve.