Shrimp, Fennel, and White Bean Salad
Recipe adapted from Aran Goyoaga and her blog, Cannelle et Vanille.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: John Kernick
Source: Everyday Food
- 1 large fennel bulb (9 ounces), trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or Nicoise olives, pitted
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions (white and light-green parts only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Coarse salt
In a large bowl, toss together fennel, beans, olives, radishes, scallions, parsley, and oregano. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Cook shrimp until opaque throughout, about 4 minutes, flipping once. Add shrimp to fennel mixture.
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice, mustard, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over salad and toss to combine. Serve in glasses, if desired.