- Servings: 4
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups beans (cooked or from one 15 oz can), drained
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Celery sticks, for serving
Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic and onion until tender, about 2 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder, stir, and remove from heat.
In a food processor, pulse beans until chopped. Add onion mixture and 1/4 cup water and pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.