Simple Baked Chicken Breasts
Here's the easy way to prepare moist, tender chicken breasts in the oven. Use for sandwiches, salads, tacos, soups, and casseroles, or simply serve with vegetables and potatoes for a complete meal.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 to 4 sprigs fresh herbs, such as tarragon, thyme or rosemary
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Season both sides generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Add broth, scatter with herbs and cover with parchment-lined aluminum foil.
Bake until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees in the thickest part of the breast, about 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; let rest 10 minutes before slicing.