Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Brown-Butter
- Servings: 4
- 2 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 1/2 pounds each), halved crosswise and seeded
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat oven to 400 degrees with rack in center. With a serrated knife, remove stems so squash will stand upright. Sprinkle squash with salt and pepper and place cut side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until translucent and flesh pulls away from skin, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
Using a fork, separate flesh into strands, reserving squash shells. Transfer strands to a large bowl.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until milk solids are dark golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add squash, 2 tablespoons parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss gently with tongs or a fork, to coat with butter. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Spoon 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese into each reserved squash shell. Divide squash mixture into each squash shell. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Serve immediately.