A perfect summer salad of sliced tomatoes is dressed with fresh herbs, salt, and olive oil, and paired with fresh goat cheese and grilled bread.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Randy Harris
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August July/August 2015
- 1 loaf rustic bread, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inchthick slices if large; halved if small
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Red-pepper flakes
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, mint, and flat-leaf parsley
Heat grill to medium. Grill bread slices until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes a side. Generously brush with oil and season with salt. Arrange bread, tomatoes, and cheese on a platter. Drizzle tomatoes with oil and season with salt and red-pepper flakes. Top with herbs and serve.