Chive Crab Cakes
Most crab-cake recipes call for breadcrumbs or soda crackers; food editor Shira Bocar loves oyster crackers, so she crushes them up and folds them into the crab mixture before pan-searing the cakes.
- Yield: Makes 8
Photography: Randy Harris
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August July/August 2015
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt
- 1 cup oyster crackers, crushed (3/4 cup)
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, preferably Dungeness, picked over
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Combine mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, chives, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Fold in crackers and crab just until combined. Using a 1/3-cup measuring cup, form mixture into 3-inch round patties.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Cook half of patties until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes a side. Repeat with remaining oil and patties. Sprinkle with chives and serve, with lemon wedges.