Pair this light, crisp slaw with grilled fish or chicken.
Photography: Aaron Dyer
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2015
- 2 medium zucchini
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 Gala apple, cored and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced if large
Shred zucchini on the large holes of a box grater. (You should have about 4 cups.) Toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a colander set over a bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture with your hands.
In a medium bowl, toss zucchini with stalk, apple, vinegar, sunflower seeds, and basil. Season with salt and pepper; serve.