A fresh pineapple-ginger granita gives this rum drink its slushy texture; the granita is also delicious on its own as a dessert.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 12 cups granita
Photography: Sylvie Becquet
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August July/August 2015
- 6 cups chopped peeled fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably white)
- 1/4 cup white rum per drink
- Strip of pineapple core, for garnish
In a food processor, pulse pineapple, ginger, coconut water, coconut oil, and honey until pureed. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish and freeze until completely set, about 12 hours. Scrape granita with the tines of a fork to break apart. For each drink, place 1 cup granita in an 8-ounce glass; pour 1/4 cup white rum on top. Garnish with a strip of pineapple core and serve.