Indulge in a plateful of linguine and prawns bathed in garlicky Parmesan cream sauce for dinner tonight.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Mike Krautter
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail left on if desired
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup (3 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more lemon zest for serving (optional)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta; cook until al dente, according to package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup cooking water, then drain pasta.
Heat a large straight-sided skillet over high heat. Add butter and let melt. Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and lemon zest, and cook until just opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan, leaving garlic. Add cream and simmer on medium for 5 minutes.
Remove garlic cloves. Stir in drained pasta and cheese. Mix in pasta water to achieve a creamy consistency, then season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Add shrimp and serve sprinkled with cheese and lemon zest.