Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes, Habanero Chile, and Mint
This recipe makes a nice lunch for four. Double it for dinner.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2015
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 large cherry tomatoes or small plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 thin slices habanero chile, seeds removed
Put mint in a small bowl and cover with oil. Cook pasta in a large pot of generously salted boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high. Add butter and heat until foamy. Add garlic, then place tomato and chile slices in pan in a single layer. Cook 1 minute.
Flip tomatoes. Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Add mint and oil, season with salt, and toss to coat. Remove garlic. Serve immediately.