Snapper with Oregano
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Con Poulos
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2015
- 4 skinless red-snapper fillets, each about 4 ounces and 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 thick strips lemon zest, plus 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
Season fish on both sides with salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high. Swirl in 2 teaspoons oil and heat until shimmering. Add fish, flesh-side down, and cook until bottom is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until just opaque throughout, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
Meanwhile, whisk together lemon zest and juice, oregano, and remaining 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon oil; season with pepper.
Pour lemon mixture over fish while still hot. Serve warm or at room temperature.