Emeril's Turkey Burgers With Cilantro Mayonnaise
These lighter burgers are great for any gathering.
- Yield: Makes 6 burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey, preferably a blend of thigh and breast meat
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup minced green onion, green parts only (about 1 scallion)
- 1 or 2 serrano peppers, minced, to taste
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 burger buns or potato rolls, warmed in oven
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 12 small lettuce leaves
- 12 slices tomato
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 recipe Emeril's Cilantro Mayonnaise, for serving
Preheat a grill to medium high. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey with minced red onion, green onion, peppers, egg, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, coriander, and cumin. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions and, using your hands, shape into 6 burgers. Place burgers on grill and cook until just done and a thermometer inserted into the centers registers 165 degrees, about 3 minutes per side.
Serve burgers on buns with cheese, lettuce, tomato, sliced red onions, and avocado. Garnish with Cilantro Mayonnaise.