Emeril's Cilantro Mayonnaise
Homemade mayonnaise is ready in a snap when you use the blender. Cilantro, garlic, and lime juice kick it up a notch.
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked white pepper
Put the egg, garlic, mustard, and cilantro in a blender. Cover and puree until smooth. Slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup oil through the feed tube in the top of the blender in a slow but steady stream until mixture begins to emulsify. Add lime juice and continue drizzling in remaining oil. Turn the blender off, add salt and pepper, and pulse to incorporate. Add additional lime juice to taste. Refrigerate if not using immediately.