Whole-Grain Strawberry-Cherry Crisp
This golden crisp topping is chock-full of oats. Serve with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Lennart Weibull
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2015
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces fresh cherries, pitted and halved (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
Crumble: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; knead until oil is combined and mixture forms clumps.
Filling: Combine all ingredients in another bowl.
Transfer filling to a 9-inch pie dish. Top evenly with crumble. Bake until bubbling in center and topping is golden, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.