Chocolate Orange Cookies
These cookies are decorated beautifully and are perfect for parties.
- Yield: Makes about 3 dozen
Source: Martha Stewart Living, Winter 1990
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup grated semisweet chocolate
Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg, zest, and liqueur. Mix until smooth. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, and add slowly to the butter mixture. Stir in chocolate. Beat well.
Chill dough for several hours.
Heat oven to 325 degrees.
Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.