Give sweet, roasted pumpkin an extra kick of flavor with fennel and cumin seeds, red-pepper flakes, and maple syrup.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Raymond Hom
Source: Whole Living, October 2010
- 1/2 Roasted Pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Scrape out flesh from roasted pumpkin.
In a skillet over medium heat, warm olive oil. Add fennel, cumin, and red-pepper flakes. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add pumpkin and maple syrup. Cook for 1 minute, mashing to combine. Add butter and stir. Serve immediately.