- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 6 1/2 cups
Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2015
- 1 1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons anise seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large egg whites
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well coated, then spread mixture on a rimmed baking sheet, patting into an even 1/4-inch-thick layer.
Bake 35 minutes. Use a wide spatula to flip in large sections. Flatten back into a single layer and bake 10 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Scrape up baked seed mixture with spatula and break into chunks. Clusters can be stored at room temperature up to 1 week.