- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Christopher Testani
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2015
- 1 cup black or Le Puy lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger (from a 3/4-inch piece)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and shaved into thin strips with a peeler
- 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Bring lentils, onion, garlic, and 4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat; simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together ginger, mustard, and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil. Toss together carrots, parsley, and half of dressing in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain lentils; discard onion and garlic. Toss lentils with remaining dressing in another bowl. Transfer to a platter, top with carrot mixture, and serve.