Roasted Cauliflower with Flageolets, Turnips, and Pistachios
Navy makes this dish with fresh flageolet beans, but we substituted easier-to-find dried beans here.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Gentl and Hyers
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2015
- 2 small heads cauliflower, preferably purple, trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Pinch of dried chili powder, preferably New Mexican
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- Coarse salt
- 2 cups Flageolet Beans
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 turnips or radishes, preferably purple, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled raw pistachios, chopped
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine cauliflower, 1 tablespoon oil, chili powder, and agave on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with coarse salt; toss to combine. Spread in a single layer and roast until cauliflower is tender and golden brown in spots, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool slightly.
Add beans, lemon juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil to bowl. Toss to combine. Divide mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top with turnips and pistachios. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with flaky salt, and serve.