Roasted Root Vegetables and Leeks
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Yuki Sugiura
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2015
- 3 russet potatoes (2 pounds total), scrubbed, quartered lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large celery root (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch carrots (7 medium), peeled and cut on the bias into 3-inch pieces
- 3 large leeks (2 pounds total), white and pale-green parts cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch rounds, washed well, and drained
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves and small sprigs, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss vegetables with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer half of vegetables to another rimmed baking sheet. Spread vegetables in a single layer.
Roast, rotating baking sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until vegetables are tender and golden brown in spots, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer to a platter and toss with vinegar. Sprinkle with mint and serve.