Beef and Cabbage Tacos
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Yuki Sugiura
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2015
- 1 pound ground beef (80 percent lean)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 lime), plus wedges for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (from 2 cloves)
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded (3 cups)
- 8 6-inch corn or flour tortillas, toasted
- Sliced avocado, sour cream, and pickled jalapenos, for serving
In a large bowl, mix beef with lime juice and zest, pepper flakes, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over high. Add beef mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Add cabbage and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted, 2 to 4 minutes more.
Fill tortillas with beef mixture. Serve with accompaniments and lime wedges.