Spiced Hot Dark Chocolate
This recipe comes from our book "Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide."
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
- 1 quart almond milk, preferably homemade
- 6 ounces dark chocolate (at least 70 percent cacao), chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
Heat all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low, whisking constantly, until chocolate has melted and mixture is steaming, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.