Curry-Yogurt Marinated Lamb Kebabs
- Servings: 6
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large summer squash, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Place lamb, zucchini, and summer squash in a large shallow baking dish or resealable plastic bag. In a medium bowl, stir together yogurt, lime zest and juice, honey, curry powder, coriander, onion, and mint. Season with salt and pepper. Pour marinade over lamb mixture; toss to coat. Let marinate, covered, in refrigerator at least 6 hours and up to 24. Soak skewers in water.
Thread skewers with lamb, others with zucchini, and others with summer squash; discard marinade. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a grill pan to medium-high and grill lamb skewers until cooked to medium, about 4 minutes each side, and zucchini and squash skewers, turning frequently, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from grill and serve immediately.