Baked Vegetable Omelet
This vegetable omelet can be served warm or cold.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 12
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 2015
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 16 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 3 ounces spinach or other greens, stemmed (3 cups)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees with rack in upper third. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Line with parchment; brush parchment. Whisk eggs in a bowl until combined, then slowly whisk in flour, thyme, and salt until smooth. Pour into prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with red onion and tuck in greens.
Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Serve warm or room temperature, cut into squares.