Sauteed Mushrooms with Cognac
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January December/January 2015
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 pounds mixed mushrooms, (such as shiitake, maitake, cremini, and oyster), stems removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 sprigs thyme
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cognac
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; swirl in half of oil and half of butter. Add half of mushrooms and half of thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have released most of their moisture and become golden, about 14 minutes. Add half of cognac and cook, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
Repeat with second half of all ingredients. Return first batch to skillet until heated through before serving.