Spaghetti with Collard Greens and Lemon
This recipe comes from our book "Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide."
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 bunch collard greens (12 ounces), ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- 12 ounces whole-grain spaghetti, such as farro
- 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano, for serving
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until tender, about 1 minute. Add collard greens and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pine nuts and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt.
Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
Add pasta and reserved water to skillet, tossing to coat. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon zest and sprinkled with cheese.