Red-Pepper and Walnut Dip with Pomegranate
This recipe comes from our book "Clean Slate: A Cookbook and Guide."
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January December/January 2015
- 4 pitted dates
- 3 chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pomegranate seeds
- Toasted whole-grain pita bread
Soak dates in hot water until softened, about 10 minutes; drain. Pulse dates, red peppers, pomegranate juice, walnuts, and red-pepper flakes in food processor until smooth. With machine running, slowly add olive oil until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper. Dip can be stored in refrigerator in an airtight container up to 3 days. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and serve with pita bread.