Emeril's Caviar Sauce
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, adapted from Emeril's Creole Christmas, William Morrow & Company Inc., New York, 1997, courtesy Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc.
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons wasabi-injected roe (optional)
- 1 tablespoon caviar
- 1 tablespoon salmon roe
Combine all of the ingredients, except the roe, caviar, and salmon roe, in a mixing bowl and whisk to blend well. Gently fold in the roe, caviar, and salmon roe. Use immediately or store for up to 1 day in the refrigerator.