- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 36
Photography: David Malosh
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January December/January 2015
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup finely grated sharp cheddar
- 1/2 cup finely grated Gruyere
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and poppy seeds. Work in butter with fingers until crumbly. Stir in cheeses. Whisk together milk and mustard; stir into flour mixture with a fork until dough forms. Shape into a 2-inch-wide log. Wrap in plastic; freeze 1 hour or up to 3 months.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut log into 1/8-inch-thick rounds; arrange on parchment-lined baking sheets and sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake, rotating sheets once, until edges are golden, 14 to 16 minutes. Let crackers cool on a wire rack.