Chipotle-Glazed Meatloaf with Sweet Potatoes
Tomorrow night, use leftover meatloaf to make hearty sandwiches.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 2 1/4 pounds ground dark turkey meat
- 2 slices white bread, torn into small pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small red onion, minced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 6 small sweet potatoes (about 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Watercress and lime wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine meat, bread, onion, cilantro, egg, Worcestershire, adobo sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Transfer mixture to a 5-by-9-inch nonstick loaf pan. Stir together chiles and ketchup; brush onto top of loaf.
Prick potatoes with a fork. Set loaf pan on a rimmed baking sheet; surround with potatoes. Bake until a thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160 degrees, 1 hour, 15 minutes. Peel potatoes; add oil, season with salt and pepper, and mash. Reserve half of loaf for next day; serve remainder with potatoes, watercress, and limes.