Emeril's Kicked-Up Chicken Wings with Spiced Apple & Bourbon Glaze
This recipe is from Entertaining with Emeril, episode 1.
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Makes about 28 wings
- 4 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed and cut in half at joint, rinsed and wiped dry
- 1/2 cup red hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Emeril's Essence
- Spiced Apple & Bourbon Glaze
In a large shallow, non-reactive bowl combine the chicken, hot sauce, pepper, and salt, and toss well to combine. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap, refrigerate, and let marinate, for at least 1 hour, and up to 3 hours.
In a heavy pot, heat the oil to 360 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and 2 tablespoons Essence. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the flour 1 at a time, tossing to coat evenly.
Add the chicken in 2 batches to the hot oil and cook, turning occasionally, until brown on all sides and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove the chicken wings from the fryer with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Sprinkle with the remaining Essence and serve immediately with the Spiced Apple & Bourbon Glaze.