Easy Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
Martha made this recipe on Cooking School episode 402. It comes from our book, "One Pot: 120+ Easy Meals from Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Stockpot, and More."
- Total Time:
- Servings: 8
Photography: Christina Holmes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes in puree
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 3/4 pounds boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 8 sandwich rolls, split, for serving
- Coleslaw, for serving
- Pickles, for serving
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine onion, oregano, bay leaves, chipotle, adobo sauce, tomatoes (and puree), salt, and pepper. Add pork and turn to coat completely.
Cover and cook on high until meat is pull-apart tender, about 6 hours. Transfer pork to a bowl; shred with two forks. Return pork to pot, and toss with sauce. Discard bay leaves.
Serve pulled pork with rolls, coleslaw, and pickles.