Banana Bread Muffins
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 12
Photography: Christopher Testani
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2014
- 2 1/4 cups Homemade Baking Mix, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (from 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together baking mix, sugar, and cinnamon; use fingers to work butter completely into mixture. Stir in banana, milk, and eggs until well combined. Divide evenly among 12 paper-lined standard muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full. Sprinkle generously with sugar.
Bake muffins until tops spring back when lightly touched, about 22 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely on rack.