Turkey Cobb-Salad Sandwich
Cranberry sauce adds a welcome touch of sweetness to the wonderful combination of ingredients found in a traditional Cobb salad.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2014
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 ounces thinly sliced turkey breast
- 2 thin slices rustic bread
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 1 large egg, hardboiled and sliced on an egg slicer
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- Basil, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
Spread cranberry sauce on a piece of thinly sliced bread. Top with sliced roast turkey breast, and season with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. Layer on cooked bacon, sliced hard-cooked egg, sliced avocado, lettuce, and a few fresh basil leaves. Spread another slice of bread with mayonnaise and place it on top.