- Yield: Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl with a flexible spatula until well combined.
Place butter mixture on the center of a sheet of parchment paper, then loosely fold paper in half toward you and roll back and forth to form butter into a log. Then, while pulling parchment taut, push with a straightedge (such as the rim of a baking sheet) to mold into a neat cylinder, pressing hard to remove any air pockets. Wrap parchment around butter, then twist end to seal and tie with twine.
Refrigerate until firm, about an hour.