Martha's Baked Potatoes
- Servings: 4
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 4 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Cooked and coarsely chopped bacon, for serving (optional)
- Finely snipped chives, for serving (optional)
- Freshly grated cheddar cheese, for serving (optional)
- Unsalted butter, for serving (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 1 hour. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the potatoes.
Remove potatoes from the oven and break open by smashing on counter or breaking in half. Top with desired toppings and serve immediately.