Herbed Breadcrumb Stuffing
- Yield: Makes enough for 16 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup almond flour (or finely ground blanched almonds)
- 1 cup fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons clam broth (reserved from steaming clams)
Heat olive oil in a saute pan. Cook onion and garlic until translucent, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
Stir together onion mixture, almond flour, breadcrumbs, herbs, and butter in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Stir in just enough clam broth to moisten stuffing.